Monday, March 7, 2011

No Time to Train



Brooks' Google Maps ride home
Brooks' Map My Run, Jog Home

If you find your self with no time to work an hour or so of running into your day, just work your workout into your commute. Example in Atlanta the average person spends 2hrs a day in traffic. I can run from my office in Buckhead to my house in Dunwoody in just over an hour. This allows me to listen to books on tapes, take in scenery that I would have never noticed and arrive home felling great about myself and ready to spend sometime with the wife and dogs.
There are tons of programs out there that allow you to track your miles, elevation, and time on these commutes. So as gas hits $4.00 a gallon make the folks in the Prius feel bad when you blast past them in the big gear.







No comments: